- University of California, Hastings College of the Law (J.D., 1998)
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A., cum laude, college honors, 1994)
- Deloitte & Touche, LLP
- DestinationRx, Inc. [General Counsel]
Thomas served as the firm’s managing partner until Spring 2018. He continues to provide operational and management advice to the firm’s leadership. Thomas is currently the Co-founder and COO of LegalMation, an AI-powered legaltech company that is revolutionizing the litigation field.
- Served as COO and General Counsel of DestinationRx, Inc. (now part of Connecture) – the exclusive healthcare back-end solutions provider for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), as well as some of the largest US commercial health plans. Thomas was charged with the overall operational and legal responsibilities of the company, including the management of outside counsel.
- Co-founded and served as CEO & General Counsel for a Business Process Outsourcing company with offshore fulfillment operations, and was in charge of all corporate legal matters, as well as overall business strategy.
- Co-founded and served as COO & General Counsel of an online academic editing and drafting service. The first of its kind, the company today is the recognized leader in its field. Thomas was responsible for all operational aspects.
- Served as Director and Legal Counsel for several high-tech start-ups as part of a high-tech incubator and venture capital group, where he structured, negotiated and drafted corporate agreements, stock purchase and employee stock options agreements, partnership agreements, and private placements. Also managed outside litigation and corporate counsel.
- Provided specialized legal and tax consulting services to fortune 500 clients including Quest Software, GenProbe, Chevron, and Magna International.
- Judicial Extern, US Bankruptcy Court, Central District of California.
- Board of Directors, Secretary – California Minority Counsel Program
- Contributing Columnist (Legal Issues) – The Korea Times, Los Angeles
- Board of Directors – Elevation Story
- Volunteer Lecturer (Legal Issues) – Centro Latino for Literacy
Keynote Presentation – “Impact of Artificial Intelligence and Technological Innovation on the Practice of Law” Berkeley Center for Law & Technology, Boalt Hall School of Law, March 2017