We provide practical advice to our corporate and business clients to prevent and resolve employment disputes. We counsel clients on such issues as wrongful termination, race, gender and disability discrimination, wage and hour requirements, sexual harassment, medical and disability leave, and compensation and termination. When litigation is certain, we resolve problems quickly and cost-effectively. While many law firms over-litigate claims, we use efficient tactics and strategies to obtain timely and favorable results. We have successfully represented employers and employees in administrative proceedings before state and federal agencies (including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, and the U.S. Department of Labor), state and federal courts, and all leading arbitration institutions (AAA, JAMS, etc).
- Obtained complete dismissal of all class allegations (as to current employees) in a proposed wage & hour class action lawsuit. Dismissal was obtained prior to any discovery or prior to any motions for class certification.
- Defeated class certification in wage & hour class action lawsuit on behalf of client in manufacturing business.
- Defeated class certification in wage & hour class action lawsuit on behalf of client – chain of nursing care facilities.
- Currently representing several clients against class action lawsuits involving claims for overtime, rest and meal breaks, employee reimbursements, misclassification, and related claims.
- Obtained complete defense verdict on behalf of leading commercial financial services institution, against $2.3 million employment claim involving allegations of age/race discrimination, retaliation, and wrongful termination.
- Obtained complete defense verdict in wage and hourly dispute before the Los Angeles Superior Court filed by leading plaintiff’s firm.
- Represented California State University in several wrongful termination cases filed by prominent plaintiff’s firms. Settled cases for minimum amounts with minimum fees incurred by client.
- Successfully represented leading financial services company in NASD employment arbitrations.
- Represented employer in pregnancy discrimination and overtime/meal break violation case. After depositions, settled case on confidential terms for about 5% of plaintiff’s original pre-filing demand.
- Represented client in investigation of illegal wiretapping and tracking of employees during off-hours. Settled case on favorable terms.
- Successful representation of leading talent agency in lawsuits involving former employees for violation of trade secrets and breach of fiduciary duties.
- Obtained dismissal of case in an employment dispute involving members of the U.S. Olympics gymnastics team.