Patent litigation is one of the firm’s key practice areas. We have successfully handled cases all across the U.S. including California, Texas, and Delaware. We vigorously protect our clients against patent infringement claims and we equally enforce their patent portfolios. On the defense side, we have extensive and particular experience defending against lawsuits filed by patent trolls or Non-Practicing Entities (NPEs), which now make up a majority of the federal docket. Our experienced attorneys can efficiently assess each case early on, and determine how to properly allocate the resources required to effectively combat patent troll lawsuits, and we do so cost-effectively.
We are also engaged by our clients to enforce their patents against competitors and other infringers. We have successfully enforced our clients’ patents against some of the largest companies in the industry, and we have achieved significant victories against some of the largest and best known law firms in the world.
Our attorneys have the background and experience to effectively handle the most complex patent disputes. Each of our patent team members has a technical or scientific background, including computer technology, chemical engineering, biology, molecular biophysics and biochemistry.
Whether the goal is to settle matters quickly or vigorously fight back, we partner with our clients to achieve their business objectives. In appropriate matters, we offer a number of creative fee options.
- Successfully defended a leading athletic shoe and apparel manufacturer in trademark and design patent case where plaintiff sought over $60 million in damages; obtained summary judgment; affirmed on appeal by the Federal Circuit.
- Obtained favorable settlement for world’s leading entertainment and media company in patent infringement and idea theft case.
- Obtained numerous victories (dismissals, summary judgments, settlements) for VIZIO in patent infringement suits in Texas, Delaware, California, and the International Trade Commission (ITC).
- Successfully represented Amazon.com against patent infringement suit filed in the Northern District of California. Case was settled under very favorable terms.
- Obtained complete victories for clients in numerous Markman hearings.
- Enforced patent portfolio for NASDAQ-listed company against several Fortune 100 companies, including Google.
- Successfully represented a leading Asian semiconductor company in a patent suit brought by industry leading giants.
- Successfully represented NETGEAR against patent infringement suit brought in the District of Delaware.
- Successfully represented leading Taiwan chip manufacturer in patent infringement and breach of contract case in the Central District of California.
- Currently representing MySpace against patent infringement suit brought in the District of Delaware.
- Currently representing VIZIO in numerous patent cases in California, Texas, and Delaware.