We realize that intellectual property often represents the primary component of a company’s value and reputation. As such, we provide practical advice to our clients on how best to protect their intellectual property, and how to defend against infringement assertions. When litigation is certain, we have successfully litigated numerous trademark, copyright, and trade dress matters across the United States.
We are proud to serve clients in diverse industries, including entertainment, computer technology, consumer electronics, internet, financial services, automotive, cosmetics, toy, and retail sectors.
- Prevailed before the 9th Circuit on trademark appeal after substituting in as counsel for oral argument.
- Obtained significant confidential settlement in trademark cases on behalf of client on contingency fee basis.
- Successfully represented Easton-Bell Sports against trademark suit brought by DuPont Corporation.
- Secured stipulated judgments on behalf of Pinkberry, Inc. in numerous trademark and trade dress infringement matters across the U.S.
- Obtained favorable rulings from foreign trademark and patent offices on behalf of Pinkberry, Inc. in numerous opposition matters.
- Obtained summary judgment for two leading manufacturers of interior tiles in copyright and trade dress infringement case.
- Represented the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences in trademark and cyber-squatting lawsuit against Godaddy.com. Case was called the “Trademark Case of the Year” by a leading legal publication.
- Successfully represented Costco Wholesale against copyright infringement suit in the Northern District of California.
- Successfully represented Jo-Ann Stores against trademark infringement suit in the Central District of California.
- Successfully represented leading online shoe retailer against trademark infringement suit in the Central District of California.
- Won summary dismissal of a $10 million trade secret lawsuit filed against client by a 400-lawyer firm.
- Obtained “walk away” settlement for client in medical services industry in a trade secret lawsuit filed by AmLaw 100 law firm.
- Nationwide enforcement of software copyrights on behalf of NASDAQ listed company.
- Conducted IP audit for one of the world’s largest automobile accessories and parts manufacturers by visiting all plants in China, and then providing comprehensive advice on structuring and strategic management of IP portfolio.
- Assisted US industrial design company with registering and protecting its intellectual property in China, as well as with its OEM contracts with Chinese manufacturers.
- “The Newest IP Threat in China — IP Hijacking (Part 1 of 2)”, published in New Matter (the official publication of the Intellectual Property Section of the State Bar of California).
- “The Newest IP Threat in China — IP Hijacking (Part 2 of 2)”, published in New Matter (the official publication of the Intellectual Property Section of the State Bar of California).
- “Civil Litigation in the Wild Wild East”, published in the September 2008 Quinn Emanuel Urquhart Oliver & Hedges Business Litigation Report.