We provide aggressive and zealous advocacy to individuals or corporations in securities, financial fraud and related disputes. The success in each of our securities and financial fraud cases stems from our keen understanding of securities laws and financial fraud schemes. Our attorneys litigated some of the most complex financial and business fraud cases.
- Obtained $4.1 million in settlement in a breach of buyout agreement resulting from an acquisition by a NASDAQ listed company.
- Obtained $3.0 million in an arbitration award involving a partnership and joint venture dispute involving a restaurant chain.
- Obtained $1.6 million in an arbitration award involving breach of stock purchase agreement including an award of attorney’s fees.
- Successfully obtained judicial relief in corporate control contest challenging the appointment of directors in Los Angeles Superior Court.
- Successfully opposed a Temporary Restraining Order request to take over company on behalf of minority shareholder. Settled case on confidential terms immediately thereafter.
- Obtained $300,000 jury verdict in breach of partnership and fraud case in Orange County Superior Court.
- Represented CEO of a large publicly traded subprime lender in connection with SEC investigation.
- Represented General Counsel of a publicly traded company in connection with internal investigation into alleged violations of public reporting requirements. General Counsel resumed position at company at conclusion of the investigation.
- Represented General Counsel of a publicly traded company in connection with role as a witness in a stock options pricing investigation and prosecution. Also represented client in parallel private shareholder litigation.
- Represented outside director of a publicly traded bank in an insider trading investigation by the SEC. SEC case was settled successfully; no criminal charges were brought.
- Represented major shareholder of a publicly traded corporation in connection with role as witness in a stock options pricing investigation by the US Attorney’s Office.