Our lawyers have extensive experience representing clients in white collar criminal matters, as well as civil and regulatory matters with fraud or criminal aspects. We have been retained to represent individuals in all phases of criminal investigations and prosecutions in state and federal cases as well as before administrative agencies in parallel proceedings. We have also been retained to represent witnesses seeking competent and knowledgeable legal counsel to assist them through a government investigation. Representative cases include:
- Represented a senior corporate officer of a global shipping company in connection with a US DOJ investigation into global price fixing and market allocation.
BANKING & MORTGAGE INVESTIGATIONS
- Represented CEO of a division of a large Southern California bank in connection with FDIC action regarding loan practices.
ELECTION FRAUD & POLITICAL CORRUPTION
- Represented elected officials of a Los Angeles County municipality in connection with District Attorney led grand jury investigation into alleged violations of Brown Act; ultimately no charges were brought.
- Represented a senior employee of a healthcare provider in connection with federal investigation into billing practices by the company.
- Conducted internal investigation on behalf of shareholders of a privately held manufacturer in Los Angeles County into compliance with product safety regulations and reported findings to the board.
- Assisted with international internal investigation of a telecommunications conglomerate’s anti-corruption practices in Asia and its compliance with Foreign Corrupt Practice Act.
- Assisted with internal investigation on behalf of a professional sports league into allegations of gambling.
SECURITIES & INVESTMENT FRAUD
- Represented CEO of a large publicly traded subprime lender in connection with SEC investigation.
- Represented General Counsel of a publicly traded company in connection with internal investigation into alleged violations of public reporting requirements. General Counsel resumed position at company at conclusion of the investigation.
- Represented General Counsel of a publicly traded company in connection with role as a witness in a stock options pricing investigation and prosecution. Also represented client in parallel private shareholder litigation.
- Represented outside director of a publicly traded bank in an insider trading investigation by the SEC. SEC case was settled successfully; no criminal charges were brought.
- Represented major shareholder of a publicly traded corporation in connection with role as witness in a stock options pricing investigation by the US Attorney’s Office.