David W. Ammons
- University of Michigan (J.D., 1994)
- University of Southern California (B.A., Political Science & International Relations, 1991)
- San Francisco City Attorney’s Office
- Schiff Hardin
- Manatt Phelps
- Baker & Hostetler
David W. Ammons is LTL’s managing partner and heads the commercial litigation and employment groups. David is an experienced trial attorney having first chaired 23 trials to verdict. As a former San Francisco City Attorney, David has handled all facets of commercial and employment claims.
Prior to joining the San Francisco City Attorney’s Office, David was an associate at Schiff Hardin, Manatt Phelps, and Baker & Hostetler LLP. He is a contributing editor for the Rutter Group’s “Claims and Defenses” practice guide, writing on premises liability issues for public entities. For many years, David was also an adjunct professor at Golden Gate University School of Law in their clinical legal education program where he supervised and consulted with students externing at legal organizations serving the Bay Area’s underserved communities.
- MSC.Software Corporation v. Heroux-Devtek, Inc., – prevailed in breach of software licensing contract suit obtaining $1.4 million judgment for client.
- Ted Lin v. United Resources, Information, Inc. – defensed sexual harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination suit, avoiding more than $2 million in requested damages.
- In re Estate of Chu – obtained $4 million (including punitive) damages for client in elder abuse, probate action.
- Gonzalez v. Southern California Permanente Medical Group – First-chaired multi-week jury trial of one of California’s first associational disability lawsuits under the Fair Employment & Housing Act, resulting in split verdict decision and limiting Plaintiff, a 12-year employee, to six percent of requested damages.
- Certosa v. San Francisco Airport Commission – lead counsel in breach of contract suit in which plaintiffs sought $2 million in damages; jury ruled 12-1 in Airport’s favor.
- Port of San Francisco v. Seafood Suppliers – obtained six-figure attorney’s fees award for successfully prosecuting unlawful detainer suit.
- Port of San Francisco v. Next Seafood – prevailed in bench trial against commercial tenant resulting in six-figure damages and attorney’s fees award.
- CorZac v. City and County of San Francisco – prevailed in defamation suit against City official.
- O’Haire v. City and County of San Francisco – defended whistleblower retaliation employment suit.
- City and County of San Francisco v. Sinbad’s Pier II, Inc. – prosecuted unlawful detainer suit on behalf of San Francisco Port Commission against long-term tenant, obtaining possession and five-figure attorney’s fees award.
- City and County of San Francisco v. Pacific Golf Partners – obtained directed verdict in suit prosecuted against former San Francisco airport tenant.