LTL has successfully handled matters involving wrongful termination, race, gender and disability discrimination, wage and hour law, sexual harassment, retaliation and disability leave.
Whether it is a single plaintiff matter or a purported class action, we resolve problems quickly and cost-effectively, using cutting-edge AI and other technology. We have successfully represented employers in administrative proceedings before state and federal agencies (including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the California Civil Rights Department and the U.S. Department of Labor), state and federal courts, and all leading arbitration institutions (AAA, JAMS, et al.).
Single Plaintiff Actions
We represent employers in single plaintiff actions filed by current and former employees alleging claims for:
- Race, gender, sexual orientation, age & national origin discrimination
- Failure to engage in the interactive process
- Failure to accommodate
- Failure to prevent discrimination
- All manner of harassment
- Wrongful termination
- Breach of contract
- Intentional and negligent infliction of emotional distress
- Fraudulent and negligent misrepresentation
- Whistleblower retaliation
- Meal and rest break violations
- Overtime violations
Representative Single Plaintiff Matters:
- Obtained defense verdict in sexual harassment/retaliation/wrongful termination suit by former employee who sought more than $2 million in compensatory damages.
- Obtained summary judgment and affirmance on appeal of former employee’s suit against client retailer for wrongful termination, disability discrimination and retaliation.
- Obtained complete defense arbitration award on behalf of Hana Financial, Inc. in several lawsuits dealing with sexual harassment, age discrimination, wrongful termination, and retaliation.
- Successfully represented California State University (various campuses) in numerous employment lawsuits involving discrimination, wrongful termination, sexual harassment, retaliation and other causes of action.
- Successfully represented KIA Motors against suit involving employee benefits.
- Successfully represented Home Depot against numerous employment lawsuits. Obtained highly favorable settlements.
- Successfully represented Taco Bell Corporation against suit involving alleged unpaid overtime. Case settled under favorable terms.
- Successfully represented O’Reilly Auto Parts against employment lawsuit involving wrongful termination.
- Successfully defended Panda Restaurant Group against wrongful termination claims. Obtained complete dismissal.
We also represent employers in defense of class actions, including claims for:
- Failure to compensate for all hours worked
- Failure to pay overtime
- Failure to provide meal and rest breaks
- Failure to pay all wages due to illegal rounding
- Failure to furnish accurate itemized wage statements
- Failure to maintain accurate itemized wage statements
- Failure to pay final wages on time
- Unfair business practices
- Failure to provide suitable seating
Representative Class-Action Matters
- Successfully defended Wal-Mart Stores against wage & hour class action lawsuit alleging unpaid overtime pay related to off-the-clock activities. Obtained dismissal with prejudice.
- Obtained complete dismissal of all class allegations (for unpaid overtime, meal and rest periods) as to current employees, before any discovery was conducted and before the filing of any class certification motion. This unusual and creative victory was covered by the Los Angeles Daily Journal on August 1, 2012.
- Defeated class certification in wage & hour class acti LTL represented a recycling and manufacturing facility against claims for unpaid overtime, missed meal and rest breaks, failure to provide accurate wage statements, etc.
- Defeated two separate class certification motions in wage & hour class action for chain of nursing care facilities.
- Successfully marshaled favorable settlements in several wage & hour class action matters, including matters for Smart & Final, Trumpet Behavioral Health, Green Diamond Resource Company, Performance Credit Corporation, and Shurgard Storage Center.
- Successfully represented an insurance claims administration company against a class action lawsuit alleging employee misclassification Case settled under favorable terms.
- Successfully defended Southern California Edison against wage & hour class action lawsuit alleging unpaid overtime and related claims related to off-the-clock wor Case settled under favorable terms.
- Successfully represented a national property management company against class action lawsuits involving overtime, rest and meal breaks, etc. Case settled under favorable terms.